old pics of old race cars

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: old pics of old race cars
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:17:39 -0000
this recent interest gives me a chance to mention a pet project of mine.
i am activly soliciting people who have photographs from the following
events to either donate their collections,  allow their collections to be
copied, or scanned.  i am interested in any hillclimb from the pennsylvania
hillclimb association series, hyner, springtown, topton, fleetwood, rose
valley, duryea, weatherly, gaints despair, hershey to name a few.  as for
road races, reading(pa.), marlboro, vineland, convair airport(now queen city
airport in allentown pa.), nelson  ledges.  as for ice racing lakes naiomi
and still water in the poconos.  the period of time that i am looking for is
from 1955 to 1968.  this was when my father was active in sports car racing.
part of this is i am interested in documenting my fathers participation in
sports car racing.   the other part i am interested in is documenting the
warhampton motor club and it's members participation in racing in the north
east.   this project is also an attempt to preserve the history of
hillclimbing here in the north east too.
if any list member knows of an old racer who is not interested in computers
i would like it if you personally ask them if they have any memrobilia from
these places (programs are real importaint too!  they document who was in
what car with what number).

much to my horror!  i am finding that as my father's age group is getting
older and older that they are passing away.  the upsetting thing is that
most family members find the albums and boxes of old photographs
unidentified trash.   and are disposing entire collections of history.   i
am trying to keep this from happening.   if anyone has anything to donate i
would like to have notes written on the back of photos with any memories of
who/what, and where.

there is talk (planning stages) of a motor sport museum  in eastern
pennsylvania.   i have already spoken with parties involved and this
collection will eventually be donated for display purposes.  it is also
importaint that evry photo is properly marked as to who it came from.  this
way all photos can be traced back to their origins in order to give credit
where due.

i realise this is a rather energetic undertaking!     but  too much history
has been lost already !  any help would be greatly apreciated!

please respond off list as i would like to keep from clogging up the list
with this project.   although if anyone is interested in progress, i would
be glad to give periodical updates.

thank you!
charles f. christ sr.
9236 newtown road
breinigsville, pa., 18031
(610)-395-8783
cfchrist@earthlink.net
please pass my adress along to anyone who might be of
assistance..............c.  :)