Re: Experiences racing at VIR from 1957 to 1974

To: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Experiences racing at VIR from 1957 to 1974
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:24:18 -0400
In 1968 we brought a McKee Chevy ASR to VIR (pictures on Nick's history
page http://www.cs.unc.edu/~nick/vir/68-sept/rp-1068-01.jpg and
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~nick/vir/68-sept/rbs-0968-03.jpg) and I only
remember two things: working on the blasted car all weekend and my
brothers comment that it was an awfully scary course. Well, I bet it was
- 333 Traco Chevy/1400 # and we had the 160 MPH gears in it!
Jim

--
Jim Hayes                  Fotec/Cable U
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.CableU.net