RE: Liability Insurance

To: "'Larry Dent'" <lwdent@fwi.com>, "'Brian Evans'" <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: RE: Liability Insurance
From: "Pat Ryan" <pat@prismacars.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:04:52 -0500
Listers,

I for one, as first a Road Atlanta corner worker and now as a driver, have
always felt that giving up your right to sue was not just something in a
waiver you signed, but a commitment you make to the sport.

People often say: "What's wrong with this country? Everyone is always suing
someone.  It doesn't happen so much in other countries."

In most other countries if you sue and lose you pay for the other party's
defense.

Maybe it's just because I live in Alabama, the land of the jackpot jury, but
it seems to me that the system is the problem.  Maybe after 200 years we
should find a way to fix it.

Pat Ryan