Re: Wine Country Classic 2000 report

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wine Country Classic 2000 report
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:34:23 PDT
[from vintage-race-owner@autox.team.]

>I do still like to hear about it.  I heard there were lots of over 2.0 liter
>Trans Am cars there, but a decided lack of under 2.0 liter T/A cars.

There were 36 cars total in the TA group.  One Alfa, one 911 and
I believe 3 Beemers.  So 31 5L cars.  Biggest group we've ever had
There were at least 4 new cars there this year, and we were missing
several of the usual suspects...I especially missed some of the other
early cars.  It was kinda lonely at the back of the pack....

The tires got so hot that even 5 minutes after the race, you couldn't
keep your hand on them....

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 86 Mustang GT