Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA
From: "MalcolmCox" <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:30:38 -0700
I have an old ex SCCA race MGA, bought as a basket a couple of years
ago and now anxious to be reborn to former glory.

Information about its history is non existant, including the SCCA log
book.
However, the one clue I have is the number 33-955 stamped on the roll
bar.
This is apparently the SCCA inspection number, which is the same as
the log book number.

According to the very helpful local SCCA archivist, they are slowly
inputting a garage full of data into a database, but at this time,
they cannot trace this
number.

I understand that the number indicates San Francisco SCCA region.
Presumably, the 33 indicates region and 955 is a chronologically
assigned serial number.

So does anyone have a log book number any where near this number from
which, perhaps I could interpolate approximately what year it was
assigned
and perhaps threfore, when it started racing?

Malcolm, Napa
with one very red MGA and another very decrepit one, looking more like
a donor car every day.