SAVE A BIG HEALEY: Need someone to take over

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SAVE A BIG HEALEY: Need someone to take over
From: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:19:53 +0100
Folks,

For any of you in, around, or near Los Angeles:

I recently entered into an agreement with a "client" to ressurrect his '59
100-6 BN6. This car has been sitting inside (his garage) since '71...and it
needs
everything... both mechanically and cosmetically. It has about 70k original
miles on it (although it doesn't look it).  What I was going to do was go
through the mechanicals and get the thing fired up.  At that point the
client was going to decide whether to keep and restore the car, or to sell
out right (as a running project...). I saw this as an opportunity
to learn something about the big healeys and to save one of these cars,
(and, of course, help out the client , who really would like to see his car
run again).

Now...here's the problem:  My  professional life has recently become too
complicated for me to allocate the time to properly do this for him.  I need
to find someone in Southern CA to hand this job off to.

This is a matter of  "saving a Healey".  The agreement I made was that I
would methodically go through all the cars' mechanicals and repair/replace
everything necessary in order to get it running and driveable again.  The
client understands he will be spending more money on parts than on my labor.
I was going to charge about $20-$25 per hour, and only apply the same time
allocation that a shop would towards a given task.  Meaning: if a task took
me eight hours to perform, and a shop only needed two, I would only charge
for the two hours.  I think this is only fair.

The Client is a good guy...former Air Force pilot, currently an aerospace
engineer type and he's getting ready to retire from that and be a financial
planner. He is also getting ready to move from Seal Beach to Big Bear. So,
this car needs to get moved, pronto.

Does anybody want to take this program on? I need the help here...I don't
want to simply stiff the client.  I'd much rather hand this off to another
enthusiast  to ensure the ressurection of a big healey.

if you're interested (and serious...) please respond off line (to:
thomkuby@iwvisp.com) and we'll discuss the details, arrange for you guys to
meet, etc. etc.  Here's something ELSE to think about: It's possible the
client would simply sell the car to you at some point.  (That will have to
be between you two).

Anyone?  This would be a fun program for the right person.

Cheers
Thom Kuby