Re: '66 Sprite Project

To: RodsINTOMG@aol.com, Ccanepa50@aol.com
Subject: Re: '66 Sprite Project
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:08:42 -0400
This is probably a Mk2 Sprite, similar to Mk1 Midget.  i say probably
because I don't remember if they went to a different MK# when they put the
1100 engine in, to replace the 948.  It seems to me that It was built in
'62 or 63, after which they went to semi-ecliptic springs and wind up
windows.  It should also have disc brakes from stock, while 948 cars would
have had drum brakes all round.

I think it would be a great car - I did after all race a very similar 1961
Midget Mk1 for three years.  You could go to the 948 engine and run in an
under one litre class, you could punch out the 1100 and run in an under
1275 class if such a thing exists, all of the suspension stuff for early
spridgets is totally applicable.  i expect that I have a set of top bows
for it if you get stuck, and you should be able to get everything for this
car very easily for a ton of different suppliers.

Brian