Re: Chrome Plated Suspension

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Chrome Plated Suspension
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:46:52 -0800
The catch is the parts must be annealed (baked) IMMEDIATELY after chrome
plating, or the damage is done. Unless you can trust your plating shop not
to let the parts sit overnight and bake them in the morning, I'd avoid the
chrome. Eastwood makes a good black chassis paint for this purpose. It
holds up well, I'm told.