Re: driveshaft safety loops

To: ckchapel@fast.net, Vintage-Race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: driveshaft safety loops
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:46:16 EST
Dear Craig,
I have a book called Race Car Fabrication and Preparation by Steve Smith. It
has to do with stock cars, which is figure is a good place to get advice on
safety equip. He recommends using 2" X 1/4" strap formed into a semi-circular
shape and attached to the floor or crossmember no more than 6" behind the
front universal joint. Leave 1.5" of clearance around the driveshaft. I have
an old catalog (1989) here from Competition Engineering, a division of Moroso
and they sell an adjustable hoop made to these dimensions and attached to the
floor with eight bolts. Any speed shop should be able to get Moroso parts and
they may have a web site, I don't know. Their old phone number (probably
changed) was 203-453-5200.
Harold Pace
Mallock U2 4 sale
Devin SS