Re: Volkswagon Model SP2

To: dmoulton@bouldernews.infi.net
Subject: Re: Volkswagon Model SP2
From: Dana Loomis <dloomis@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 17:14:37 -0500
It's hard to be sure without seeing it, but I suspect what you saw is
basically a kit car built on a VW Beetle chassis.  I saw a lot of these
when I was living in Mexico a couple of years ago.  There are several
different styles and manufacturers, but they usually have exotic-looking
fiberglass bodies, and many appear to be factory-assembled.  Similar
VW-based cars are common in Brazil, for what its worth.

Dana Loomis