Nurburgring

To: cak@dimebank.com
Subject: Nurburgring
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:02:58 -0800
Does anyone know of any book in English about the
 Nurburgring--not so much about who won what race which year,
 but more about the history
 of the track itself--how it
came about, changes that were made, etc?

Karim
Santa Monica
 ----------
From: cak@dimebank=2Ecom
To: gerrybraz@voyager=2Enet; team-thicko@Autox=2ETeam=2ENet;=20=
vintage-race@Autox=2ETeam=2ENet
Subject: Re:  The Ultimate Time Waster
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 1998 12:16PM

> How can anybody learn to drive
> a 14 mile track?

Denise McCluggage says she taught her co-driver in the early 60's
to drive this by treating it as a musical piece=2E

(If you haven't read her collection of essays, "By Brooks too Broad
for Leaping", stop what you're doing and order a copy=2E I got mine
direct from the publisher, Fulcorte Press, at their fax: 505 982-5250=2E
Amazon=2Ecom lists it as a special order, too:

http://www=2Eamazon=2Ecom/exec/obidos/ASIN/0964230909/o/qid=3D915047752/sr=3D2-1/=
0
02-9926481-2715802

Everyone on this list should have a copy=2E The above anecdote
comes from the story "Ring Around the 'Ring", which still makes
me drop sad tears every time I read it=2E)

Speaking of the 'Ring, check these out:

http://cbsgi1=2Ebu=2Eedu/bmw/nurbcgi=2Ehtml
http://www=2Emetzeler=2Ecom/nuerburgring/intro=2Eeng=2Ehtml

Karim Marouf