Re: Spark Plug wires/Ignitions

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spark Plug wires/Ignitions
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 21:08:11 -0800
I was  looking into Nology ignition wires about a year ago.  The first thing I
discovered was that it would cost about $200 for a 4 cylinder!  I also had great
difficulty getting a not particularly amiable customer disservice representative
on the phone to understand that I had a MGA with a late model MGB distributor.
Lost a lot of interest.

Later I found a site on the web, (which I cant now find) containing a engineer
written report totally trashing Nology and showing dyno loss on switching to
Nology.  Totally lost interest.

By the way, on the subject of wires.  When I recently fitted an electronic rev
limiter, the instructions were adamant that I should use spiral wires to
suppress electrical noise (which could cause difficult to trace misfire).  I
bought spiral core wires, but on fitting them, realized that I had bought plain
jane copper strand wires by mistake, but it was a day before a race so what the
heck, give it a shot anyway, can always disconnect the rev limiter.  The $60 rev
limiter worked just fine with the solid cores. It seems that anyway noone makes
6mm OD wires with spiral core.
Malcolm Cox