Summit Pt. VSCCA

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Summit Pt. VSCCA
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:13:49 -0500
Just back from Summit PT. VSCCA. You missed a great weekend! Cloudless
skies, temp was in high 50s Friday, mid 60s Saturday and 72 when I left
at 3:30 on Sunday! More track time than you can imagine - good folks and
great racing! No serious incidents. A couple of blown engines, few
spins.
I consistently finished in the top cars in the sprint races. There was
no official timing and scoring, but one of the corner workers came by
Sunday AM to tell me the workers decided I must have won the Sat enduro!
Then I led all but two laps of the last sprint race Sunday - with 20 or
more lead changes in a 10 lap race - but unfortunately not the one that
counted - I got hung up behind traffic and lost to a hot Spitfire by a
nose!
What an upbeat way to end a season!
Jim