Re: Centerline wheels for vintage

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Centerline wheels for vintage
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:59:42 EST
Listers:

I'm converting an E Production TR4-A for vintage and need some narrower
wheels.  Since the car has a history, I'd like to keep the look of the current
wheels, which are old Centerlines.  When I called Centerline directly, I was
told they don't recommend their wheels for road racing, only drag racing and
daily driving.  They said they're not designed for the side loads racing puts
on them.

This TR has raced for close to 20 years on the Centerlines (on slicks) with no
problems, but I'm wondering if that's a fluke.  Is anyone out there vintage
racing with Centerlines and/or are you aware of any problems with them (for
Vintage)?

Thanks...
Don Marshall
TR4A