Re: Harbor Freight Drill Press

To: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight Drill Press
From: Steve Hammatt <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:13:49 -0800
Simon Favre wrote:

> I too, have a garage full of Harbor Freight stuff. The 12 ton press is
> probably the most useful tool I ever bought. On the drill press, does
> the 1 HP motor run on 110 or 220? Steve, since you're in Washington State,
> you really should make a trip to Boeing Surplus. I've heard it's where all
> tinkerers want to go instead of Heaven. ;=) At the very least, you should
> be able to load up on bits for that drill press. You'll want a decent bit
> sharpener too.
>
> I also shop for tools at Post Tool. They have stores in my area, and sell
> a lot of the same stuff. Their sale prices are pretty good.

Simon (and everyone olse who's sent my so many excellent responses)
Thanks for the comments.  I stop in Boeing every couple of weeks.
Bought my daughter (Technical Theater/Stage Management type) a
LARGE drafting board on a large steel cabinet with hydraulic lift
and tilt.  It was near new condition and only $50.
Stve