Re: new Mag Vintage Racecar--LOOKS GOOD!

To: MRogers726@aol.com
Subject: Re: new Mag Vintage Racecar--LOOKS GOOD!
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 01:28:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/98 11:16:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
MRogers726@aol.com writes:

<< uniquely, I think, a value guide for these cars.  >>

The only problem I noticed with the value guide section of Vintage Racecar
Journal and Market Report is that the market guide is prepared by people who
have those types of cars for sale.  Within the past three months, #1 condition
Lotus Mk IX and 23s have traded for 20% to 50% less than the prices listed in
the value guides.  A nice Lotus Eleven sold at auction for $37,500 yet the
Market Guide lists its value as $70,000.  I suspect the same is true for the
other Marques.  Despite the claim that "prices are based on known selling
prices" the prices listed in the Market Guide are closer to "asking" or "hoped
for" prices than actual selling prices.  Let the buyer beware!

David Whiteside