Spax shocks....

To: <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spax shocks....
From: Scott Chaiken <schaiken@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 08:49:45 -0400
Gentlemen, thanks for all the advice on the Sprite gearbox tail seal; I chose
to replace the stock seal (cup with seal and felt with the box still in the
Lotus 7; wasn't as bad a deal as I expected.....hoping it will solve the leak;
I am now looking at the Spax adjustable hydraulic shocks and trying to figure
out exactly how to adjust bump vs rebound.....I think I understand the art and
science surrounding the solid axle and shock/spring geometry......looking for
all the sage advice from this crowd......are there any books or pamphlets from
Spax or anyone who rebuilds these reliably? Anyone on the net attending Lime
Rock Fall Festival? Want to meet?........thanks.............Scott

Scott Chaiken
Lotus 7 Series 1 chassis 503
VSCCA #776