Summer British Vintage Events?

To: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Summer British Vintage Events?
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 10:17:36 +0100
> > Does anyone have any info on or a web site covering
> > vintage events being
> > held this summer across the pond?

Ralph,

The important questions are when are you over and what sorts of cars do
you want to see?  I've copied the 'pre war british' list for ideas.

I think all of the 'big three' classic monthlies have published
calendars.  You could try calling and asking for back issues. You might
get lucky and find someone in a chatty mood who will plan an itinery for
you. The phone numbers are -

        Motor Sport : 0181-943-5000
        Classic Cars : 01733-237-111
        Classic & Sports : 0181-943-5995

If you only go to one event make it Prescot Hillclimb with the Vintage
Sports Car Club on August 1st and 2nd.  Its worth going just to walk
round the non-members car park, let alone the members car park, paddock,
and enjoy the competition runs.  Jazz band at lunch and in the evening,
a lot of people camp on the Friday and Saturday night so the place is
buzzing all weekend.

David