Re: Aussie Invasion???

To: MHKitchen <MHKitchen@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Aussie Invasion???
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 20:14:24 -0500
Myles

<<I recall meeting a large and friendly contingent of Aussies during the
1994
Ferrari Annual Meet at Laguna during the Monterey weekend.  I organized t=
he
Mon/Tues track event that year, and we had quite a few even bring their
cars.>>

I was aware that Spencer Martin won one of the major awards at the meetin=
and I think Chris Smith (the Ferrari dealer as opposed to Mr Westfield) w=
as
there as well ... but didn't realise we had invaded the place!

Whoever bought the F355 made a sensible decision - I had my first drive o=
one at Wakefield Park the other day and have to admit it was almost as mu=
ch
fun as one of our FF's!

Glad you like our wine .... the sad thing about the success of the Aussie=

wine industry is that it has done so well the french are starting to buy =
up
some of our vineyards!  One of the delights is going to any of our wine
growing regions and spending a weekend going from vineyard to vineyard
tasting all the different wines.  You can often pick up wines that are no=
otherwise available for sale and if you can avoid opening them for long
enough build quite a decent cellar.

Yes it is summer and we only have a short break over Xmas before we get
back into it again!  Our next race is Amaroo  on the last weekend of
January.  The track temperature can be as high as 50  - which is well ove=
115 on the old scale - and if you have a front radiatored single seater -=

like our Lotus 61 -  there is little you can do to keep the heat off the
soles of your shoes.  A ten lapper leaves you with roasted feet and all t=
he
girls complaining who push the battery cart trolleys!

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia
For details of FF rentals, test days and corporate days see:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz
1970 Lotus 61MX - Team Holland
1976 Bowin P6F
1983 Reynard FF83 =

1986 Isuzu FVR Pantechnicon
1972 Datsun 240Z
1993 RF93 Van Diemen with 95 update
1997 Ford Falcon XR8 Tickford
A large collection of model cars
Investor in the Lance Ruting Collection of motorsport photographs