Re: NO WAY!

To: hayes@mediaone.net, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: NO WAY!
From: S800Racer <S800Racer@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 15:44:47 EST
        Jim and Thom are right on, here.  My car is different, unusual and cute
but
not likely to draw thousands of paying spectators to vintage events.
        Promotion will not lower our costs.  Case in point:  SVRA at Mid-Ohio.
Very
well promoted.  Lots of corporate sponsorship (for a vintage event).  Draws
30,000 to 40,000 spectators.  All of this gets you the honor of paying the
highest entry fee of the season, for often marginal track time.
        I support and enjoy SVRA events, but promotion of that one has not been
benefit to the members.  It may even have played a part in running off a very
enjoyable HSR vintage date at Mid-Ohio in July.  (now replaced with Watkins
Glen)

        Doug Meis -- 1967 Honda S800
        Team Escargot "RUB SHOULDERS, NOT FENDERS!"  (and very much opposed to
the
idea of hard drivin' lunatics crashing and burning trying to win that
championship and prize money!)