Re: Spa.

To: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Spa.
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 17:22:02 +0800
Jeremy,

>John
>
><<The single seaters (in fact I think all non-F1 cars) use the traditional
>downhill start.  >>
>
>It must be a great source of stop-go penalties!
>
>Spa must be the circuit with the biggest gradient on the start line ....
>can you think of another?

ALthough regarded as being flat on Irish geopgraphical surveys, I have heard
and indeed seen evidence of the sharp incline on the start line at Phoenix
Park. Curiously, this only seems to impact upon racers during the Sunday
morning races after they have enjoyed copious local hospitality and not on
the Saturday race card (due to it being largely practice I presume).
Certainly, it has been described by folk who know as similar to SPa,
although telling which main straight is which can also be a problem.

I've tried calling the X Files but apparently they're busy for the next few
series.

Post Solstice Greetings,

Patrick