Monterey car import problem

To: <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Monterey car import problem
From: Urs Eberhardt <100124.160@compuserve.com>
Date: 07 Aug 97 11:23:40 EDT
S.O.S

I have shipped my Williams FW08C Grand Prix car by container from Switzerland to
California to race it at the Monterey historics. The authorities now won't let
the car into the U.S. without an EPA emission test.

Is anybody out there who can either help me to get the car released (the race is
next week) or explain to me that this is the ordinary civilized way to go racing
in the US and that I am a stupid dummy not to know it and better stay in Europe
next week?

Thanks a lot.

Urs Eberhardt
Bliss Racing Partnership AG