Re: sb42 suspense

To: elmo@inreach.com
Subject: Re: sb42 suspense
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 10:37:27 PDT
Larry Moeller wrote:

>   One thought I had was to, if necessary, simply add on another $10.00
> to the registration of older than 25 years cars to recoup the cost to
> the state.  That would be ok with me.

I think that's an excellent suggestion.  The reg fee on my 67 Alfa (the
one that's tough to smog) is only $49. I wouldn't even mind if the fee
on my 62 Alfa (already exempt) went up. It's only $26. IMHO, any car
whose owner is worried about a $10 increase in registration fee is
probably in marginal hands anyway.

Actually, if they want this to be equitable and accurate, they should
take the bi-annual smog certificate fee, subtract the overhead of
actually handling the data, and divide by 2 to get an annual fee
increase.