sb42 suspense

To: 914@porschefans.com
Subject: sb42 suspense
From: Larry Moeller <elmo@inreach.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 07:35:56 -0700
HERE'S THE  LATEST "INSIDE" THINKING FROM SACRAMENTO

From: Kenneth Palmer Racing (Elva Courier & MGA)

Talked to our "Guy in Sac" and Tom Bordanaros chief of staff.  Suspense
means that it will be held until they see how much money they have to
spread around.  Since the projected cost exceed $150,000 thats the
procedure.
Chris Burns in Tom's office said that the fact that it had just been put
there (07/16/97) was a "good" sign.-- it isn't permenantly buried.  If
it had ended up there earlier he suggested it might be a terminal
placement!
At any rate calls and notes to the approiations committee members will
be
helpful, especially the Democrats.  I have a call into Kopps office to
see what they might suggest, but the staffer handling  sb42 will be on
vacation until Aug. 6th.
  One thought I had was to, if necessary, simply add on another $10.00
to the registration of older than 25 years cars to recoup the cost to
the state.  That would be ok with me.