Vintage Brew

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vintage Brew
From: NELIUS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 20:56:43 -0400 (EDT)
OK Vintage MG experts and historians, here is one for ya:

I recently came across a new (to this area) English Fine Ale with an
octagonal label and the name "Old Speckled Hen".  It was a right tastey brew
with a nice finish .. so nice that it prompted me to read the label.

The label read, "Named after an unusual, speckled, vintage MG car, Old
Speckled Hen is a pale ale which owes its distinctive character and dry taste
to a unique strain of yeast, first used in 1896.  The individual blend of
flavors reflects skills developed across more than 280 years of independent
brewing history."

I have researched my limited reference material and have found no mention of
the "Old Speckled Hen".  Has anyone on the list come across the background or
history associated with such a unique MG?  It may be worth sharing.

Neil Harmon
'67 MGB Roadster