FW: Check your barns

To: vintage-race
Subject: FW: Check your barns
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:28:20 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Clark Smith
<Clark@astreet.com>]]

     Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:09:41 -0700
     From: Clark Smith <Clark@astreet.com>
     Subject: Check your barns

>Yes folks, Clark Smith (Video Reviews sound great), is not the only
>person who has been perplexed by having a one-off car continue to show
>up as an opportunity for great amounts
>of work.  As time permits and photos become available, I will devote a
>little space
>on my site to entertain the people who are interested.
>Regards,
>--

Hi Don et al,

So what is a 54 Siam?  I look forward to the pictures.

That Simca 8 special that I was asking the list about is now advertised in
Hemmings.  I feel like I should call the seller because I spent a bit of
time researching it and he might be interested in what I found.  Just a day
or so ago I was putting some old magazines away and found an article on the
1953 race at Moffat Field (Mountain View, CA) and the Simca came in second
in the main event.  I wasn't opening every magazine, this one just openned
to that page... spooky.

So, check your barns.  I'm on a quest to find some race car of (obviously
limited) historical significance, especially a one-off/low production, from
about 1947 to 1957.  I expect this to me a long term project (read: poor
condition/somewhat affordable).

(And yes, Dave, I haven't gotten your car out of my mind...)

Just curious, are there any Siata owners out there?

Clark

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.