Lotus 50th - a proposal

To: Mike Causer <mikec@cam-ani.co.uk>
Subject: Lotus 50th - a proposal
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <100240.2425@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 02:02:43 -0500
Mike

Thanks for your offer to co-ordinate matters for Lotus 50th birthday.

Apparently none of our committee are on line so you should use me as a
contact for Club Lotus Australia.

I think it is likely that our activities will centre around our two big
historic race meetings - Eastern Creek in September and Sandown in October.
 As these are so close together it may be worthwhile for Lotus people
elsewhere in the region - such as Japan and New Zealand - to bring cars
down for the event. As October also features our international touring car
race at Bathurst and we traditionally have a sports car meeting at
Wakefield Park (owned by Paul Samuels of the Lotus 15 2.5litre Climax fame)
the week following Eastern Creek,  we should be able to make the trip
worthwhile.

It would be ideal if we could get together a global calender that did not
clash.

Has anybody had any contact with Proton .... their support would be useful?

regards

Jeremy
Age & Treachery Racing Australia
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz