Re: Why go halfway? / TR4 large bore pistons & linersd

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why go halfway? / TR4 large bore pistons & linersd
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 21:18:20 -0500
> When I was in college, a guy had a Spitfire with a warmed up RX-2 rotary
> the thing must have been a blast!  It was definitely loud!

Grassroots Motorsports magazine is working on one of those too. There is a
Alfa Giulietta in LA with a rotary and they were a big item in Bugeyes too,
since they are so small. There's also two Alfas in CA with V8s, a GTV with a
Chevvy and a Duetto with a Ford. One of the most famous racing ALfas in
Australia was an ALfasud Sprint with a mid-engine Holden V8 - about a dozen
were built!
Engine swaps were a big item in the 'hot-rodding' 50s, with practically
everybody putting big V8s in sports cars. Some of them even worked, like
the Chapparals, Cunninghams, and Scarabs, not to mention "Old Yaller". Oh
year, that farmer from Texas, Shelby?
Anybody else read ALan Girdler's book American ROad Race SPecials?

Jim, still hoping to find a V8  that VSCCA will OK.

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
veni, vidi, veloce