Re: Why go halfway? / TR4 large bore pistons & linersd

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why go halfway? / TR4 large bore pistons & linersd
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:16:56 -0500
> What gets people talking is: a) when you put an
> different size engine from a later model of the car into an early model
There is a  bright yellow Bugeye in CT that sports a 180+HP Alfa 1750 and CR
gearbox. The conversion was done many years ago, and if it weren't for the
flares....
Strangely enough, I like stuff like this, perhaps because I helped build a
McKee-Chev from a "kit" and stuff a 1300 Alfa in a Zink sports racer back in
the 60s. And had a friend who put a Corvette engine in a 55 Ferrari after
the second V12 blew. Once looked at a Maserati 300S with a Pontiac V8. All
this was very common 30-40 years ago.
I could see a "engine swap" class....
But I apologize if this starts another long discussion - it is an effect of
cabin fever....

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
veni, vidi, veloce