Re: Piston rings

To: pmeis@bgsm.edu
Subject: Re: Piston rings
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 13:38:07 PST
Deves Piston Rings in the US can do this, but the way they do it is to
have you ship them a piston. They ship it back with a complete set of
rings for your motor. I asked about doing it "by the numbers" and they
said this almost never works. They can guarantee the fit if they have
your piston to fit them to. They did this for me with an obscure
Mondial racing piston when I bought a set with a cracked ring. They
really came through for me in a pinch. If you can't find one closer,
email me for the address. I don't have it handy.  They're in the L.A.
area.