Re: Race Car Tow Vehicles/Free Cortina??

To: tinkersdamn@abac.com
Subject: Re: Race Car Tow Vehicles/Free Cortina??
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 11:28:46 -0500
Here's my 2 cents on tow vehicles, and an offer for a FREE one!!

Somebody I've seen pulls a Morgan with another Morgan!!

Also, another CSRG member often tows with an old CHP Mustang, still in CHP
colors!

When I first started racing the Cortina, I had the bright idea of building a
Cortina wagon (estate car!) tow vehicle.  I actually acquired 4 of them to
build a running car.  After driving them, though, I quickly realized how
underpowered they are, and what a foolish idea that was... I ended up selling
two and stripping one for parts.  I still have a Mark II wagon in my yard
(used to belong to Winkelmann) if anyone's interested in it.  It needs
EVERYTHING!   But the price is right....just take it if you intend to put it
back on the road... I have the pink slip.

Today, I got smart and bought a 4dr Tahoe.  What a perfect, comfortable tow
vehicle, especially for the longer trips like Steamboat, Seattle/Portland,
and Palm Springs.

Myles H. Kitchen
Lotus Cortina #128