Re: Lotus TC motor

To: PaceCars@aol.com
Subject: Re: Lotus TC motor
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 11:32:04 -0500
Anyone with answers, please copy me, or the list, 'cause I'm interested in
this too.  Also, I have a 1865cc Martin three valve engine, based on the
Ford 120E block.  Aluminum pushrod cross-flow head, integral Weber manifold,
beautiful Martin rods and forged stroked crank, all steel mains, two gear
cam drive and reverse rotation cam, integral dry-sump.  Block is a thick
deck, thick cylinder wall 120E Ford, at 85mm bore.  I'm planning to run it
in my Merlyn 6A, as it's the original motor, and I'm curious if anyone else
has one?

Brian

At 11:29 PM 12/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Looking for info on Lotus Twin Cam motors. What is one going for these days?
>What is the Weber head selling for? Stromberg head? Does anyone want Stomberg
>heads, or are they unsellable? Do they all have forged cranks? Can you put a
>crossflow head on one, and what will need to be done? Which pistons would you
>use? Can you put a 1600 crossflow crank in one and increase displacement,
>and, if so, which rods/pistons would you use? What have I forgotten to ask?
>Harold Pace
>Mallock U2

Brian Evans
Director, General Sales