Re: Vintage Race Dilemas...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage Race Dilemas...
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 09:54:49 -0400
> To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (James A. Isbell)
> Subject: Re: Vintage Race Dilemas...
>
> I have a problem with my car in that it is not vintage.  My car is a 1979
> Lola T540 that was orriginaly a FF was then configured as SuperV and then
> Atlantic.  It is a car that is no longer competitive but not yet vintage.

Here in the East we have the RCCA and EMRA running low key events including
club ford and a "run what you brung" formula class. (Last Fall at
Bridgehampton, we talked to a guy running an Indy Lights car!)  MCSSC in
Chicagoland runs a similar venue.

Vintage, in my opinion, should include old cars, not necessarily obsolete
cars, like some groups are moving toward.
The VSCCA was under pressure a few years ago to add later cars, so the BoD
scanned the ads in a number of magazines and came up with over 200 VSCCA
legal cars for sale!
As I said on this thread over a year ago, I'm suspicious of any racing group
that is "for profit", as the incentive is to increase revenue and profit,
not perpetuate a style of racing that is an "endangered species".

Jim Hayes  Boston,MA   USA
jeh@fotec.com   Web page: http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
Vintage racing Alfas: '57 Spider and '62 Spider Veloce
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false!