Re: CSRG Thunderhill Fall Finale Thanks

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CSRG Thunderhill Fall Finale Thanks
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:59:27 PDT
I think Glenn is on to something.  I would support the idea of a stand
alone Enduro.  Hell, I'd show up just to work the event so I could get
more pictures of the LeMans start.  Would one run group for all cars
fill up a weekend?  Would a dual enduro work?  How about small-bore in
one group and big-bore in another?  Start the 1st enduro at High Noon
on Sunday, and start the other at 3 PM?

>Myles...for what it worth, I would plan an enduro as a stand alone,
>Qualify and race on Saturday.  Sunday open practice, and enduro.  Most
>drivers are ready to go home after a full schedule.

P.S.  Although I missed the event this year, I have photos of the event
last year on the team.net FTP site including the LeMans start.  Check
out ftp://ftp.team.net/vintage/Images and look for the thlm*.jpg files.
These images are apparently acquiring some notoriety.  ;=) Note that
they are 24-bit JPEG files.  You need a display capable of at least
16-bit color to do them justice (65536 colors as opposed to just 256).