Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race/other races

To: HansShelby@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race/other races
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 9:59:58 PDT
This is an SFR SCCA Vintage event, open to basically ALL vintage,
classic and historic cars, according to the ad in The Wheel.  There will
be more than just a USRRC Seniors grid.  They seem to be offering a Ford
vs Chevy shootout, a Porsche grid, and an FF/FV match race.  For further
info, see http://www.glenhills.com/vintage.scca, or call Glenn Hills at
(408) 554-1987. The Ford vs Chevy grid should cover the TA fans. ;=)

In the accompanying article, Glenn stresses that keeping the Vintage
Attitude will be of prime importance. To quote:

"Race them hard, but be aware of the 13/13 rule that governs all Vintage
drivers. Drive 'em to the edge, flat out, fast as they will go, but don't
hit anything."

Glenn mentioned that any recognized racing license will be accepted. They
also require proof of a medical in the last 2 years, and membership in
the SCCA. It's not clear if an actual SCCA license is required. I hold
an SCCA license for Vintage only, so I should be ok. It's not clear how
much effort it will take to get other racing experience recognized. Some
Vintage racing clubs do not issue licenses, per se. Call Glenn.