Re: Thunder Hill LeMans (CSRG) Pix Uploaded

To: rwg1@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Thunder Hill LeMans (CSRG) Pix Uploaded
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 00:34:23 -0500

> I've still got to get a colour scanner, so I can do a bunch of my own!
> (Does anyone have opinions of the hand held color units?)

Forget the handhelds -they are too hard to use. Before I bought one, I did a
lot of research and trials, bought a Canon IX-4015 for $700 and it's
incredible! Not jus t scanning photos, but OCRing text. I did most of a book
I edited by scanning the crappiest copies you ever saw and got almost 100%
accuracy! For scanning, Canon gives you OFOTO, but I use HiJack Graphics
TOuchup, which has color correction options.

Regards, Jim

Jim Hayes - Alfa nut
jeh@fotec.com  tel:1-800-537-8254   fax:1-617-241-8616
Vintage racing '59 & '62 Alfa Spiders. Street ride: '57 Spider.
On the web: http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm