kent engine

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: kent engine
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 08:32:20 +0500
I'm not currently a subscriber to this list but I wonder if someone out
there might be able to help me?  Any responses... please post them directly
to me (wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu).

I'm looking for info on sourcing a crossflow 1600 "kent" or "cortina"
engine, and associated parts.  My understanding that a very close relative
of this engine was used in the Pinto, but I'm not sure about dates.

What I'm thinking about is a swap in my '67 Morgan 4/4 (which currently has
a 120E Ford engine).  Any advice/comments/flames?

Many thanks,
Will Zehring
Detroit, Michigan

P.S.  I'm not looking to race this engine (i.e. I'm looking for a streetable
lump with a mild cam, for some additional hp over that in the 120E).  My
understanding is that the 'stock' 1600 crossflow weighs in at about 85 hp
and can "easily" be tweeked to ~100.  Additional comments/flames/advice?