Re: Vintage Race List & Web update

To: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Vintage Race List & Web update
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 16:15:52 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 12 Jun 1995, Roger Garnett wrote:

> My, this is a quiet bunch- you'd never know from the traffic that we are now
> up to 77 members! Please feel free to jump in with questions, answers, race
> stories, event postings, etc.

        Roger,

        I've just signed on to the vintage race group. While I'll probably
        never turn a wheel on any track I do a fair amount of attending,
        photoging, and writing about the doings here in the flatlands.

        I'd like to put in a plea for interesting stuff that I can write
        about for VICTORY LANE MAGAZINE. They (in a moment of weakness)
        appointed me their Midwest Editor and I'll try nearly anything
        to uphold my end of the bargain (hell maybe they'll pay me twice
        what I'm getting now). I won't mooch drives (like certain someone
        we all know) but if you're interested in some ballast sometime
        I'll get the nomex...

        Thanks in advance

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois