July races in the N.E.

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: July races in the N.E.
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 10:50:56 -0500
Well, I made some calls yesterday about the Pittsburg GP, which is
featuring Austin Healey this year, hoping to take my '59 Sprite.

- VSCCA runs the race parts, including eligability
- There is no special race class or provisions for the featured marque.
- That means that only 100-4's will be able to run, as the only A-H currently
  approved by VSCCA
- There will be a 5 lap or so "exibition" run for A-H's. (limited track time)

I can send in a picture and description of my car to VSCCA, and may get a
special approval, but I know it wouldn't pass their normal requirements, due
to some mods. (It has a weber, and disk brakes.)

So, it may be time to look for something else to run in July. I see HSR has an
event at Mid-Ohio in July- While I'm hunting down the source for details, I
have a couple questions for you HSR folks.

Does this include the Sprite-Mini challange, or is that something else, or
defunct? (I figure the challengfe would be fun, even tho I'd be at the back of
that pack!)

Does HSR require joining HSR for their races?

Other suggestions within a 1/2 days drive of central NY welcome. (I'm still
hoping for someone to send me an electronic '95 race schedule for the Vintage
Race web pages!)

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!