tvr

Re: alternative alternators

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternative alternators
From: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:58:20 EDT
Listers-
According to a tech tip I copied a couple of years ago off the Triumph list
the Bosch alternator for a Fiesta will fit right onto a TR6 motor.  Cheaper,
and rated at 55amps instead of the Lucas's 28amps.

I quote from the tip "The plugs from my Lucas didn't fit.......I simply
pushed the female connectors out of the plug, insulated them with shrink tube
and plugged them in without using the big plastic plug..........The only
thing I'll change is to get a little longer belt........will gain me some
clearance for replacing the number one spark plug."

I haven't tried this change yet but it's on my list to do.

Larry Bickel
71 2500

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list