tvr

RE: alternative alternators

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>, tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: alternative alternators
From: "Beuttenmuller, Rolf" <rolf@bnl.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:40:17 -0400
Ah the old alternator problem!

Hi Will

I have been looking for a replacement for some time now. But I have the
additional problem of where it is located on the 1600 Ford motor and the
location of the steering column. I used to have a generator and then
replaced it with the Lucas. It was physically small enough.
I just tried to replace it with a small GM unit, 2 wires, one is the main
output the other is for the field excitation. It would probably fit on the
2500, if I remember correctly the alternator is mounted up high on the
passenger side of the motor.

If anyone has a suggestion for a better alternator for the 1600 I would
greatly appreciate it.
The Lucas unit I had was a single wire unit.

Rolf Beuttenmuller
TVR 1970 1600 S2