tvr

Re: TVR paint

To: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: TVR paint
From: Skip Gurnee <skip47@home.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 13:46:02 -0700
Bill-
There was a yellow TVR way back when mine was new in 1970, the color was
not particularly attractive, leaning toward mustard as I recall.  My
recall, however, is often imperfect, and for all I know it may have been
a Triumph color.  When I painted mine, the PPG store had color matching
charts for old cars, they could mix just about anything; try them, they
might just have the exact thing you're seeking.  Otherwise, paint it
SDAD yellow and hang out with the FAST crowd....  (explanation for those
of you not in S.D.:  Bill used to be in my club, whose color is yellow;
he left to run with a younger crowd in the Datsun club.)
Best,
Skip
PS. I sanded.  It took months.  Used dual-action rotary sander about
half the time, the rest by hand.