tvr

OD tranny

To: tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OD tranny
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:23:04 -0400
Dear all:

A regional brit-car mechanic informs me that he has an OD unit that can be
attached to the existing 4 speed tranny on my '71 2500 (TR6 engined car).
I believe he said that the only additional part I'd need would be the
motion shaft.  I am not sufficiently familiar with these units, in fact,
I'm downright dull-witted when it comes to transmissions.  Any advice on
this matter would be greatly appreciated.  I know these units are VERY
rare, and I also know from experience that the OD is a sweet thing to have
on highway trips.  Is there any net-wisdom on this?  Is adding the OD unit
as simple as it sounds?  Wouldn't I need a different prop. shaft too??
What sort of price might I expect for this (I didn't ask at the time)?

cheers,
Will Zehring
'71 2500 (on the road by ????)