tvr

Re: vixen wiring

To: zehrinwa@umdnj.edu, tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: vixen wiring
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:23:37 EDT

<<
 I'm hitting the electrics in my '71 vixen restoration now and am
 discovering two things: the wiring diagram I have for a 2500M does not
 match what I'm seeing in my pre-M car, and the PO appears to have put
 several (sometimes redundant) fuses into the system (for instance; why two
 fuses, wired in series?).  Anyway, does ANYONE out there have a diagram for
 the wiring of the pre-M Vixens?  I have a sense that these things just
 don't exist, but I thought I'd ask.

Oh lord how I love humor...

<Personal Opinion Mode ON>
I don't think any two 2500's left the factory with similar wiring. Add the
ignominy of a parade-o-dpo's, and you end up with wiring that bears no
resemblence to any schematic. The best you can do is start at one end with a
pad, pencil and voltmeter and start makin your own.
OR
You can continue adding dpo kludges til you get the desired response from all
those electrons...

<Personal Opinion Mode OFF>
      Nick in Nor Cal