Re: [TR] Should I put Redline MT-90 in my Triumph diff?

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Should I put Redline MT-90 in my Triumph diff?
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 15:37:09 -0500
        I use 30 non detergent oil in my transmission.  When I had Quantum
Mechanics rebuild my transmission years ago John Esposito recommended that I
run 30 ND oil. At some point I used Redline Oil fro a couple of years and it
worked well, but the only difference I could really notice between the Redline
and 30 ND was that in cold weather the redline shifted more easily when cold,
but during the summer and in the fall when the car warmed up both worked
equally well.  The advantage of to 30 Wt. is that I can change it as part of
winter maintenance for about $10.00, assuring that any metal wear bits are
cleaned out.  Iâ??ve been running Mobil synthetic 90 wt. in the differential.
        Best,
        Bob
        '72 TR6
** triumphs@autox.team.net **