Re: [TR] Triumph Electric Fuel Pump

To: Jeffrey Gayton <jtgayton@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph Electric Fuel Pump
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:11:56 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--bcaec548617c5b1a8b051c7122c8

Jeff -

I wasn't aware that Triumph offered and electric alternative but if
appearance is important then possibly any round-body Lucas pump of the era
would suit.

You'd want correct polarity and most models (genuine SU) are now available
in an electronic version as well as the original points variety.  I think
new ones will run about $200 or so.

But since they were usually mounted somewhere hidden (MGs, Healeys,
Jaguars) no one is likely to ever see it.

Geo

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Jeffrey Gayton <jtgayton@icloud.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know the manufacturer and model number of the optional
> electric fuel pump Triumph sold for the TR4? And any thoughts on how craz=
> it would be to find and fit one? I care too much about (the appearance of=
)
> originality to go with a modern unit. A vintage one would be fun, and I=
=E2=80=99m
> hoping it might help with cold-starting woes. If I=E2=80=99ve not run the=
 car for a
> couple of days, it takes a very long time for it to turn over, and it
> sounds to me like it=E2=80=99s because it takes a long time to get fuel t=
o the
> carbs. Once it=E2=80=99s running, it=E2=80=99s fine. And starting up afte=
r a day or two
> doesn=E2=80=99t take nearly as long.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Gayton
>
> 1962 Triumph TR4
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--bcaec548617c5b1a8b051c7122c8

at Triumph offered and electric alternative but if appearance is important =
then possibly any round-body Lucas pump of the era would suit.</div><div><b=
r></div><div>You&#39;d want correct polarity and most models (genuine SU) a=
re now available in an electronic version as well as the original points va=
v><div>But since they were usually mounted somewhere hidden (MGs, Healeys, =
n, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Jeffrey Gayton <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:jtgayton@icloud.com"; target=3D"_blank">jtgayton@icloud.com</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Does anyone know the manufac=
turer and model number of the optional electric fuel pump Triumph sold for =
the TR4? And any thoughts on how crazy it would be to find and fit one? I c=
are too much about (the appearance of) originality to go with a modern unit=
. A vintage one would be fun, and I=E2=80=99m hoping it might help with col=
d-starting woes. If I=E2=80=99ve not run the car for a couple of days, it t=
akes a very long time for it to turn over, and it sounds to me like it=E2=
=80=99s because it takes a long time to get fuel to the carbs. Once it=E2=
=80=99s running, it=E2=80=99s fine. And starting up after a day or two does=
n=E2=80=99t take nearly as long.<br>
Thanks.<br>
Jeff Gayton<br>
1962 Triumph TR4<br>