[TR] TR4A: Clutch fork and shaft

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A: Clutch fork and shaft
From: "Cliff Hansen" <cliff_hansen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:05:07 -0800
I'm replacing the fork and shaft due to a broken pin.  I was planning to
crossdrill and fit a 1/4" bolt but noticed that some vendors are now selling a
hardened pin.  Would using the hardened pin accomplish the same purpose as
fitting the bolt?  I would appreciate any advice.

I also thought I'd share a positive experience with TRF.  The TR4A project has
been stalled for a number of years but health, family and finances have aligned
favorably once more.  I recently placed an order with TRF; my last order with
them was in 2001.   The charge to my card was about $300 less than the cost of
the order.  When I called to ask about the difference, they informed me that
they had applied credits and a gift certificate that had been in their files
since my last order - 9 years ago - and which I had completely forgotten about.
 That speaks volumes about integrity and the value they place on their
customers.

Cliff

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html