Re: [TR] TR250 Wheels

To: fogbro1@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Wheels
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:52:22 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/2009 10:37:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fogbro1@comcast.net writes:

List,

What wire wheel options were offered by the factory on the  TR250? 60 spoke
painted? 60 spoke chrome? 72 spoke painted? 72 spoke  chrome?

Were the same options offered throughout TR6 production  also?

Ed,
I am going to say, for the TR250, 60 spoke painted wires only no  chrome.
Others have answered the TR6 and I agree that fitment of 72  spoke painted
wires up to 73 is likely but also no chrome.  That's  from the factory.  That
being said, it has been accepted for VTR Concours  Judging that 72 spoke
painted & Chrome wires are "period  equipment" and allowed w/o deduction for
both TR 250's and all years of  TR6's. This is consistant with the rule on
TR3's where 60 spoke wires are  permited in place of 48 spoke.
Cheers,
Darrell

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net