Re: [TR] TR6 heat '70

To: pethier@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 heat '70
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:13:41 -0800 (PST)
> The important thing is not whether the side-vent air source is
> before the heater core, but if it is bofore the blower fan.

> So you are telling me that air does not come out of the side vents
> with the blower?

I really don't remember, but I think so.

I *think* that the blower is at the bottom of the plenum stack
above the gear box, just before the flap that controls up/down
air control. But ... ok, that's not consistent, so now you've
made me go and try to figure this out.

Ah. Right. Thank goodness for the spare parts catalog. The
blower is at the top of the large heater body. The heater
body does not connect to the side vents; just to the vents
at the base of the windscreen. The blower draws air from the
plenum in the body that connects the scuttle vent and ... the
fresh air vents at the dashboard ends.

If you look at the owner's manual for the TR4 or TR4A, you will see
that the factory called those vents *fresh air* vents. And the very
first paragraph about HEATING AND VENTILATION says:

        The heater is designed to heat and distribute incoming fresh air,
        or if dust and exhaust fumes are being admitted, the heater may be
        used to recirculate air already in the vehicle.

and goes on to explain just what I've been talking about.

My memory is getting worse in many areas, but for some reason I continue
to remember this sort of nonsense :-)

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net