Re: [TR] OD lubrication

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Allen Hess" <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] OD lubrication
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:42:54 -0600
I'm a full throttle OD engager (as Laycock and God intended...per Randall's
quote) using Valvoline 50WRacing Oil.  Its just so much more fun getting that
kick in the pants effect IMHO than doing that wimpy clutch thing.  I've tried
it using the clutch and it feels to me that method is harder on the OD than
full throttle engagement.  Eleven years since I put my A-type OD in and not
one problem driving from one side of the country to the other and back.

Someone on the list long ago advised using Valvoline Racing Oil and its proved
to be good advice for my OD.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)